I Want To Fly

I Want To Fly

In the land of her majesty
And the chambers of clumsy ironies
The fireflies fly for fortune
Yet cannot satisfy their greed
And so I want to fly

The voices of the west
Like the Spartans in a battle field
Chanting aggressively with their swords
Singing songs of unknown melodies
When all seem lost
Makes me want to fly

The vultures up above
Hovering in the sky
Hiding in the shades of love
And eating the fruits of our sweat
Makes me want to fly

Even in the harmathan
I grew thin like in the month of Ramadan
Without warmth I struggle
Breaking through this bottle
Of lost hopes
To fly into the clouds

The benevolent pain
Of our forefathers
Will not go in vain
So I grew strong feathers
Stronger than that of a dove
Just to fly from the fireflies

Written by : Mohammed Saani Kataali Firdaus Tiyumli
Aug. 2015.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers of the Night Watch

Chasing Memories

Fame At Any Cost: A Lesson In Responsibility Final Episode