A Miracle Coin: A Ghanaian Story Of Hope and Happiness


 I can still clearly recall how I misplaced my GHP 50. On my way to school one morning, I realized I had misplaced the 50GHP coin that was supposed to be  my "chop money" for the day. I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find the money. I was sobbing uncontrollably, and I was also incredibly depressed and hungry. 


A kind-hearted woman spotted me crying and inquired as I proceeded to go down the street. She expressed sympathy for me after hearing my sad experience. She then gave me a GHP50 coin to help me get some food for the day, I quickly kept it in my pocket. I was overjoyed and overwhelmed with gratitude, so I thanked the woman and rushed to school.



My classmates, on the other hand, were already in class when I arrived at school, and the teacher was whipping those who came late that day. I waited in line for the flogging as I joined the queue. As the teacher was about to whip me in the palm, i opened my palm and the lost 50GHP coin was there. 


I was overwhelmed with gratitude and excitement. I came to the conclusion that finding my lost money was a miracle. Even the excitement of finding the money rendered the lashing painless. I realized then to always have hope in the face of hardship and to be more careful with my money.

Comments

Alhassan Haqq said…
Alhamdulliah such a wonderful story
Abdul Hamid Salma said…
I feel your pain

Popular posts from this blog

Whispers of the Night Watch

Chasing Memories

Fame At Any Cost: A Lesson In Responsibility Final Episode